Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nautical Nonsense #2

Ahoy!

I've not been around as much as I want. That bilge rat of a vessel that I'm put on now does not give me internet connection, so my idle time is left idling away. But it's certainly more interesting being in the engine room compared to the deck and the bridge. Whereas the bridge is just a collection of controls (buttons and switches), the engine room is the place to be. It's like a noisy sauna, sweetness!

What has happened to me since the last time I posted?
1) I got on another ship to learn about the engine.


2) I got to know a Ralph Wiggum lookalike chief engineer.

3) I played mah jong and won $0.60

4) Ang Siong is back from the UK, and he gave me 2 sets of long johns and a WEST HAM SCARF! (I hope that's not bought from a stinkin' Mancunian co-op.) much thanks! Muacks!

5) Had a dream about 4th August, people keep asking me out and I had to snap and shout "It's 4th August and tomorrow is the 5th of August and I've not packed nor bought anything for Norway, now piss off!!!" Status for Norway as of now - I've not packed nor bought any Norway specific items.

6) Discuss about the weather with a few people.


7) Play with my little niece, who happens to be a HAMMERS fan. COME ON YOU IRON!

8) Read up on the TLAPD (Talk Like A Pirate Day)
Here's a gem. Top 10 pirate pick-up lines.

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.


It's a treasure chest of a website. Oops! ;)

No comments: