Friday, August 15, 2008

OSLO, MADRID, AND BARCELONA!

ok, so I've left Singapore, flew 17 hours to Oslo, took a nap, and went to Spain, and back.

British Airways lived up to its name of being the crappiest national airline of a respectable (or so they believe) country. The seats are smaller than what you get on a Singapore-KL bus, it's a wonder how the Brits managed to squeeze into one seat, but most of them spill over a seat anyway, and they don't seem to mind. At least the airline provided us with 3 meals (had 2 breakfasts as they served one on the Singapore flight, and another one on the connecting flight). London Heathrow is quite amazing, from the underground network of tunnels to the security checks. And so I reached OSLO, which is crap.

My hostel in Oslo is Kringsja Studentby, but inside this "student village" there seem to be afew nurseries, old men and women, a sports club and some other weird people. There's a family (!)living 2 doors away from me! My neighbours come from Kenya (!) and Poland and another one maybe from Russia (she don't speak (!)).

I spent only a day in Oslo before jetting to Madrid. Ryanair has got to be one of the coolest airline on earth. The pilot did a 360 degrees u-turn on the spot and started the takeoff process right away! Then there was advertising message and sales pitch all the way from origin to destination. On the way there and on the way back, there were several turbulence that really made my balls shrank.

Madrid was fun, so was Barca, I wish I could write more, now I want to sleep. So stay tuned guys.

p.s. Click on the pictures on the right column to access my picasaweb photo album. It'll be updated more often than this blog.

No comments: